Mmmmm... we had a really good weekend. Why? One reason is because we didn't go to the Springfield house. It was a really nice, relaxing weekend. I came home from work Friday night to find out that Kyle was at a local pool with a friend. CJ & I took the opportunity for an impromptu date night. We headed to a placed called Wyatt's in downtown Albany for dinner and drinks. The only other time we were there together was on our first date so it brought back some interesting memories. CJ had a yummy looking mushroom burger and I had a really tasty Philly Sandwich. After that, we headed to Carino's for coffee and dessert. Carino's is a kind of Olive Garden in Albany and I've been wanting to try their Tiramisu to see if it is as good as Olive Garden's. The size was HUGE but I'm not sure it was as good. But still pretty good. Best for 2 people to split it. So that was Friday night.
Saturday morning was lazy and we did go grocery shopping in Corvallis and came home so I could make something yummy for a wine party that night. I decided to make Oatmeal Carmelitas. We drove down to Springfield and dropped Kyle off at my Grandma's house. My mom was in town for Easter weekend so Kyle was able to hang out with them. We went to the wine party and had a great time, even thought we ended up bringing the wine that came in last. Ah well. We did get home super late Saturday night.
Easter morning, I got up and made an orange coffee cake recipe I saw on Food Network a couple weeks ago. We took that and the leftover Carmelita bars to Grandma's house. We had a bunch of delicious food at Grandma's house. We had cold salmon, baked chicken, veggie salads, potato salad, deviled eggs and some miscellaneous yummies. Kyle got some Easter goodies from my Mom and Grandma and from me and CJ too. We all sat around and ate and watched golf on TV (thrilling!). We came home this evening and now we're just hanging out. Such a good weekend!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.
1 comment:
It sounds like a really nice Easter Treesy :)
Post a Comment