Monday, March 30, 2009

super awesome deals at Albertsons

Okay, here is another shopping brag. And this one was done without a single coupon! Albertsons has some Taco Bell products on sale 10 for $10. They also have a deal that if you buy $10 worth of items, you get an automatic $3 off. So they work out to be $.70 each. Tonight, I bought 6 jars of Taco Bell Medium Salsa, normal price of $3.29, rung up as $1. I bought 2 boxes of Taco Bell taco shells, normal price of $2.19, rung up as $1. I bought 2 packets of Taco Bell taco seasoning, normal price of $1.39, rung up as $1 (wish I had bought 2 more jars of salsa instead). They also have a sale going where you can buy 3 boxes of Kellogg's cereals Frosted Mini Wheats, Rice Krispies, Corn Pops, or Crispix for $5 and when you buy 3 boxes, you get a coupon for a free gallon of milk on your next purchase. Last week, I bought 3 boxes of my favorite, Strawberry Delight Frosted Mini-wheats, and got my free milk coupon. A couple days ago, CJ went to the store with $5 and wanted to buy 3 boxes of Crispix with the free gallon of milk coupon I had but they didn't have Crispix. He bought some Rice Krispies, Corn Pops, and Cinnamon Struesel Mini Wheats. Tonight, I was at a different Albertsons and sure enough, they had Crispix. So I picked up 3 boxes of Crispix cereal for $5, when they normally sell for $4.79 each.

Okay, recap. I bought $41.27 worth of stuff which rang up as $15 (10 for $10 and then 3 for $5). I got $3 off because I bought the $10 worth and that brought my total down to $12. Oh and I got a coupon back for a free gallon of milk on my next purchase AND I got something I wasn't expecting. I got a coupon that printed saying I get $1 off my next purchase. I think it was because of the taco shells. Awesome deal!! I'm going to go back tomorrow and stock up on more salsa and maybe even more cereal. I'm also going to buy some Bounty papertowels because I saw in the Albertsons ad that Bounty rolls are on sale for $10 for 10 and I have 3 coupons for $.25 off of a roll of Bounty. $.75 a roll for Bounty is pretty good! And if you count my $1 off coupon, I'm actually only paying $1.25 for 3 rolls. Nice!!

Anyway, that's all I got. Work is still insanely busy but the overtime paychecks will be awesome. CJ and I went to the Springfield house yesterday and got SO much done. The house is like 98% empty. One closet of clothes and under my bathroom sink is all that is left. All the food is gone and every cupboard is empty. We should have a cleaning crew in there by this weekend and hopefully carpets shampooed next week. Then we'll just need to worry about getting everything out of the garage. w00t! Wedding plans are coming along. My wedding dress has been ordered, thanks to my stepmom, Peggy. She knew I was putting off ordering it because all our extra money is going into getting my house rented and she wanted to do something for the wedding. The dress is pretty inexpensive as far as wedding dresses go ($110) but it still meant a lot for her to offer to get it ordered for me. I was kinda starting to worry about it.

I'll end the blog with a cute picture I took tonight of all the critters, CJ included! There are actually 5 pets and 1 sweet man pictured. See if you can spot the 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bearded lizard (look for the red heatlamp). :)

1 comment:

Shannon P. said...

oh wow.. I want in one some of those deals! I spent a good deal of time last night organizing my coupons trying to score some good deals lol. I know of a couple walgreens ones I want to do, but nothing spectacular. The trip to Albertson's my friend- Is dEFINITELY blog-worthy!