The Credit Union where I work converted to new software on March 1st. The term 'computer conversion' seems pretty simple and harmless. This is my first computer conversion and I had *NO* idea what was involved with such a project. The crazy thing is I thought things were busy leading up to the conversion but things are even crazier after. Mostly because things are taking so much longer to do because I'm not used to the new system. I've been racking up some overtime and I'm really trying to tell myself how lucky I am that not only do I have a job, I have overtime. Some people are losing their jobs or getting their hours cut. So each day is a constant struggle to see the shining side of this particular coin.
The house in Springfield is still in the process of being emptied. But it is SO close, I can almost taste it. There are only 2 pieces of furniture left in the house and they're both things I want to just give away. My old bed and a desk. A couple weekends ago, we came down and the 2 guys did such an AWESOME job of clearing out the backyard. they got all the leaves raked up and nearly bagged (until they ran out of bags) and all the junk back there gathered up and ready to be tossed out. I think if we just lay down some bark, it'll be good to go. While the guys toiled in the backyard, I got my entire bedroom and closet emptied out... something I was *not* looking forward to. Honestly, I have a few more cupboards in the kitchen to clean out; my guest room closet; laundry room; and the downstairs bathroom. After that, we're just looking at the garage. Yes, the garage is going to be a pretty big task but my goal is to get the actual house empty so I can schedule a cleaning service to scrub the place from top to bottom and then get the carpets shampooed. But we can work on the garage while those 2 things are being done. And it will be easy to back up to the garage and just load things into the truck or into the garbage. Unfortunately, we didn't get to the house this last weekend and we can't go this upcoming weekend. But I think we're going to go to the house tomorrow evening. The sooner I can get my house rented, the better.
So the reason we didn't get to the house this last weekend? I was completely laid up all weekend with the nastiest flu ever. It started in the middle of the night Friday night and finally let up Monday night. Couldn't keep anything down, fever, and had the WORST body pains ever. Seriously, it felt like someone was stabbing me all over my body and I couldn't even take anything for it since everything was coming right back up. So I just had to lie in bed and ride out the storm. Today was my first day back to work and of course I had ZERO energy. The first couple of hours were not good. I felt weak and shaky and just walking down to the fax machine would tire me out and make me feel winded. It did get better by the afternoon though.
The reason we can't go to the house this upcoming weekend is because we're going to Seaside to visit my Mom. I'm so excited. CJ hasn't been to Mom's house yet. And we're going to check out the Hotel Elliott so CJ can see where we're getting married and see the Presidential Suite. Oh, and there is a bridal show in Gearhart on Saturday. That's the biggest reason we're going. We're gonna check out florists, bakeries/caterers, and officiants. And I found out the other night that my Aunt Honey is taking us out to dinner on Saturday night to the restaurant where my uncle Kevin is the head chef. Pacific Way Restaurant in Gearhart. Oooh, the food is so good there. I am definitely looking forward to that. And we're staying until Monday since Kyle has no school next week, CJ has Monday off and so do I! It's going to be a nice long weekend.
So just before drifting off to sleep last night, I realized in a panic that we're getting married in less than 4 months. I don't know why but it kinda freaked me out and got my mind racing and made it difficult to fall asleep. I have things I want to get done and can't get done until we scrape some more money together (another reason I'm embracing the overtime I mentioned earlier). It'll come together but I always like to have things taken care of well in advance so I just want it over and done with!
One last thing I did want to make special mention that today is the 3 year anniversary of my Papa's death. I wasn't able to get out to his grave today, unfortunately. And it still pains me that he never met CJ and CJ never met him. But the more I think about it, the more I believe that Papa was the one who sent CJ to find me. I know that I prayed about it a lot, especially after Papa died and my prayers were definitely answered. I mentioned it to CJ the other day and I think he thought it was kinda silly but I don't care. It's what I believe deep in my heart and that's that. Another example that things happen for a reason, even if it doesn't make sense at the time. So, anyway, here's to Papa. I love you and miss you more than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment