Monday, May 18, 2009
late night trip to Albertsons
So I made a late night trip to Albertsons tonight, in an effort to use up some doublers before they expire tomorrow. I basically got 4 boxes of cereal and 2 bottles of ketchup for free and I paid $2.64 for 3 bricks of cream cheese but I forgot a $1 coupon for the cream cheese. Argh! Below is a picture of what I got for $2.64 but I could have done it for just $1.64. I was confused by the $2.64 total but thought I miscalculated using 4 doublers instead of 3. It wasn't until I checked out and got to the car that I realized I had missed my cream cheese coupon. Anyway, here is how my transactions went down. The cereal was on sale 4 for $10 but you get $4 off instantly when you buy 4 so it comes down to 4 for $6. I had 4 $1 off coupons for a box of Frosted Mini-Wheats and I doubled 2 so that equaled $6 off... FREE. The ketchup was on sale for $1 each and I had a coupon for $1 off of 2. Double that and you get free ketchup. The cream cheese were $.88 each with an Albertson's coupon, and if I had used my $1 off 2 bricks, the total would have been $1.64 for everything. Yes, you can combine a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon. Ah well. I think I can get more cream cheese tomorrow and I'll make sure to use my coupon again. My receipt shows a savings of $29.67 and I paid $2.64. Not bad but I'm still mad at myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment