Okay, so I went to Walgreens today and did the whole "coupon" thing for the first time. Before I give the rundown, let me explain Register Rewards real quick. Walgreens Register Rewards are Catalina coupons which print up separately from your register receipt after you purchase qualifying items. The RR can be used like cash on your next purchase.
Here's the rundown of what I purchased:
Schick Quattro razor on sale for $8.99 and I had a coupon for $4 off of one ($4/1). This produced a $3 RR. So I basically paid $1.99 for the razor.
Listerine was on sale 2 for $8 and it produced a $4 RR. So the Listerine worked out to be $2 each.
Dove deodorant was $1.99 with a Walgreen's coupon out of the weekly flyer.I was desperate for deodorant so I was okay with spending $2 for it. I should be able to get better deals later.
Rimmel Mascara ($7.49 each) was on sale Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) and I had a coupon for one free mascara so I got both for free. Now this one did involve talking to the Manager. When I first bought them, they both rang up full price and she took my manufacturer's coupon to take the price off of one. After I left the store, I noticed this and went back in. The manager said they weren't supposed to stack a coupon with a BOGO like that but he'd give me the refund anyway. I thanked him but I also pointed out that the mascara didn't appear to ring up correctly and it was after everything was totaled up that she used the coupon to take the price off of one. If it wasn't to be stacked, she should not have accepted the coupon. Either way, I ended up getting what I wanted. I knew I wore a low shirt for a reason. :)
Starbucks Ice Cream was on sale 2 pints for $6 and I had 6 $1/1 coupons so I bought 6 pints for $2 each. We bought 3 pints of Caramel Macchiato and 3 pints of Java Chip Frappucino.
CJ found a remote control outlet on the clearance rack for $2.49. I don't know what the original price was.
The total came to $29.47 after coupons and I had a $5 check for Walgreens to use on the purchase of $20 or more. I got it in the mail for having changed my address. After the $5 check, my total came to $24.47. And I got $7 in Register Rewards to use later so it's like I spent $17.47 for all of it.
$17.47 for 6 pints of ice cream, a Schick Quattro razor, 2 liters of Listerine, 2 mascaras, 1 deodorant, and one remote control outlet.
No comments:
Post a Comment