Saturday, February 14, 2009

Marriage Advice from Barefoot Contessa

"People always say 'what the secret to a good marriage?' I don't know. I would hate to have a marriage where you have to work at it but that's what you're supposed to do. We just have a good time together. He wants me to be happy... I want him to be happy. It's just so simple"

This is something Barefoot Contessa said on her most recent episode, while cooking an anniversary dinner for her 40th anniversary with her husband. And it really struck a chord with me. I always hear people talk about how much they have to work at their marriage or how hard it is... I don't want a marriage that takes work. But then again, the quote above is made by a woman who never did have children. I'm sure that makes a difference. But I really like what she said and I hope that is the kind of marriage I have. :) Yes, you can stop laughing now.

No comments: