Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Ugh...
I went to the Springfield house this afternoon. I left work early because I scored a ton of boxes from work. I went home and emptied both downstairs bookcases, packing up all the cookbooks and even putting some in a box that I plan to get rid of. Yes, I'm getting rid of *some* cookbooks. Anyway, I filled like 8 paperboxes full of books and just about cleared all the crap off the dining table. I also did my last load of dishes in the dishwasher. I had a couple of dirty water glasses and some dusty wine & martini glasses that I took out of my wine rack so I ran a load of dishes. I also threw out some trash and was able to fill the garbage can. Tomorrow morning is garbage day so I wanted to get that done. I have garbage service every two weeks so I really need to make sure the can is filled. I think I was at the house for about an hour and a half... by myself... with no radio. It totally sucked. I'm so bad at staying motivated for such an icky task. I thought I would load up all the clothes from upstairs so I can sort through everything and figure out what goes to Goodwill but by the time I was done packing up the two bookcases, I was D-U-N, done. I called CJ to tell him I wasn't going to bring anything back with me but he said I had to bring two boxes... so I packed 2 boxes of miscellaneous stuff and brought them with me. I left the boxes of books because they were too heavy (Amazing how being in a relationship zaps all your strength and makes you just a "wee bit" helpless. :-D). The next trip that CJ makes to Springfield, we'll load up the boxes of books, the bookcases and the dining table. And hopefully the clothes. I really need to get that house emptied so I can rent it. I'm hoping to get a couple months of rent out of it before the wedding. I'm so tired of paying a mortgage on a house I don't live in. Anyway, I dragged the can to the street before I left and my Dad, who is working in Eugene this week and will drive by my house on his way to work, said he will put the can back to the house for me. So that's what I did before I drove to Albany and cooked dinner. I'm exhausted. I hear a nice hot bath calling my name. Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your blog is very good......
I didn't realize you were writing in your blog! I"ll have to catch up.
Any good cook books you're planning on just giving away or getting rid of?! *grin*
Post a Comment