Saturday, February 21, 2009

Schtuff

It's Saturday and the sun is shining. Awesome! The boys are out in the garage and I just finished my menuing for the next week. We're taking the boat up to Salem to store it at Salem shop (Where CJ works, there is an office in Albany and one in Salem). While we're in Salem, we'll do some shopping at Winco so I had to get some menus figured out to know what to buy at Winco. We took the boat out of the garage to hopefully make room for more stuff from my house in Springfield. I desperately want to get that place empty so I can start renting it. I have a friend who might rent it from me for 2 weeks, starting Feb 28th. He is moving to Seattle, rented out his house, but his work pushed his move back 2 weeks. So he needs a place to crash for a couple of weeks. If he does rent it, that means $200 for me. Yay!

Regardless, I still need to get that place empty! We'd like to put stuff in the garage here and get things sorted as far as what we want to keep and what we don't want. We've been taking stuff to Goodwill but we're realizing we could be selling that kind of stuff at a garage sale. So we're going to try and see if we can sort through our stuff for a garage sale. We'll see. I think we're going to Springfield tomorrow to see what we can pack into the Suburban and what we don't take with us, I'd like to move into the garage of that house so I can at least hire a cleaning service to get the house clean. We'll see.

I think later today, we're going to go to the gun range so I can finally try out my Valentine's gift. Yes, I got a gun for Valentine's Day. How's that for real love? Not to mention trust. :) CJ bought me a pistol~a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm. Now I have no reason not to get my concealed permit. I told him I wouldn't get one without having my own gun. We'll see how I like it. It's a bit heavier than I thought I wanted but I'll shoot it and see how it goes. Here is a picture:





And here is next week's menu:

Saturday - Taco Pie
Sunday - Stacked Enchiladas (slow cooker)
Monday - Open face hot turkey sandwiches with potatoes and stuffing
Tuesday - Chicken Fajitas
Wednesday - Chicken & Dumplings (slow cooker)
Thursday - Goulash
Friday - Ranchero Enchilada Casserole

No comments: