Saturday, February 28, 2009

Super Savings at Safeway on Saturday


I did some early Saturday morning shopping and I wanted to brag about what a great job I did. Crazy thing was I didn't have hardly any coupons. It was mostly due to some really good sales at Safeway. I did combine a couple of sale items with coupons and got an even better deal! Here's a breakdown of what I bought:

10 Nabisco Snak-Paks
6 cans Rosaria refried beans (I loved the flavored ones)
4 containers of Del Monte Fruit Naturals
2 8-cup bags of Lucerne Shredded Mexican Style Cheese (looks like 1 in the picture but there are 2 big bags there)
4 cans Campbell's Select Harvest Coup
2 boxes of Pop Secret Popcorn
5 pounds ground beef
1 4-pack of 60watt bulbs (my only non-sale purchase because a bulb burned out in the bedroom last night)
2 gallons Lucerne milk

The total before coupons and Safeway card savings was $103.66 but I only paid $43.60. That would be a 58% savings. w00t!

Deals worth mentioning? The fruit cups retail for $1.99 each (insane) but I ended up paying $.25 for each. :D They were on sale for 10 for $10 and I had 2 different coupons that were save $1 on two and I got them doubled up to $.50. So it was a savings of $1.50 for 2 or $.75 each. My other awesome deal was the soup. The soup retails for $2.99 a can but Safeway is having a 48 hour sale (Today and tomorrow) where they are $.88 each. I had a Safeway coupon (printed from their website) that was $1 off of 4. I was told that you can't use the Safeway doubler on Safeway coupons, you can only use them on Manufacturer coupons by my checker doubled mine up to $.50 again. So that meant I got $1.50 off of the 4 cans of soup, bringing the price down to $.505 per can. Oh, and Safeway had a coupon that where you got $10 off if you spent $50. That was a good deal too! The Snak-Saks and refried beans are both normally $2.79 each but were on sale 10 for $10.

I do the majority of my shopping at Winco but I'll hit up Albertson's and Safeway for their sales, especially since they take the Internet Printable coupons but Winco won't.

1 comment:

Shannon P. said...

Isn't it fun? I found it really hard to shop at Winco and pay full price I got to the register and was like, awww man, only 4.00 in coupons? LOL... I had so much fun, and Brian was especially impressed with my 10 packs of cottonelle for next to nothing. I learned the lesson too to only use the coupon on a whim if it's pretty much near expiration- you never know when there's a sale too!