I really wish I knew what ended up happening. I'm tempted to go over to CostCo tomorrow and see if I can locate the security guy I saw with the walkie talkie. He must know that 911 was on the phone with me since they told me he was on the other line. He saw me leave our parking lot and may have even been signalling to me, I'm not sure. It almost looked like he was waving his arms at me but he may have been just motioning about the guy or I dunno. But I did end up tracking him down and even found out where he was gonna try and hide. If I do find out what happened, I'll definitely post an update. But seriously, it was so fun and exciting. I always thought being a private investigator would be fun and exciting. Maybe it's something I should look into. But in the meantime, I'll stick to being a plain ole crimefighter.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Superhero by day, couch potato by night
I helped fight crime today. Today, I was a crimefighter. Okay, I'll explain. The building where I work is located next to a CostCo. As I was getting into my car after work, I saw a man running through our parking lot as fast as he could, running away from CostCo. I noticed a CostCo employee with a walkie-talkie watching him run. I kinda chuckled to myself and then started to wonder "I wonder what he did." Another employee had been getting into his car at the same time and also saw the guy. I even drove my car by his in the parking lot and asked him why he didn't chase the guy down (and yes, the guy was still running and just left our parking lot and driveway). We kinda laughed about it and I noticed that the CostCo employee was still watching him and was trying to run up to the street to follow him visually. He never did try to chase the guy down. As I was leaving the parking area and driving down the drive I decided I would see if I could follow the guy to see where he was going. Then I decided maybe I should call 911 because chances were pretty good that CostCo was calling the cops on this guy. I did have my bluetooth speaker hooked up and I called 911. As I was talking to 911, I had slowly driven by the guy (who was no longer running but was walking quickly and constantly looking over his shoulder) and pulled into a parking lot ahead of where he headed. I told the 911 operator that I had watched this guy run from CostCo and saw the CostCo employee trying to see where the guy was headed. At first she said they weren't aware of a situation but she put me on hold and came back to say she had the CostCo employee on the other line. As I was explaining where I was and where the guy was headed, I left the parking lot because I watched the guy go around the corner into an apartment complex. I pulled into the apartments but didn't see him at first but then caught up with him again. I drove right past him and had to turn my car around. I watched him leave the apartments and continue down the street. This continued for a total of 20 minutes, as I kept driving past him, turning around and driving past him again. The guy was pretty stupid for not noticing my car drive by him a dozen times. Anyway, I did lose him when he cut through a neighborhood but I caught up with him again when he exited the neighborhood. Followed him down the road and saw him cut through a field so I went down a side street on the other side of the field and caught up with him again. He walked right past my car again and every time he did, I always looked right at him and he never once looked at me. Again, he was stupid not to notice my car over and over. Especially since I have custom plates. Anyway, he finally ducked into the office of a Motel 6 and that's where I told 911 he ended up at.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol... I can totally envision you.
Yes, you should go ask them and then update!
Post a Comment